Thursday, October 18, 2007

One word.

[We finally found the ad online, so I've edited it into the post. It's only the longer, "Shyeah"-less version, sadly. - W.E.M.]



This commercial for the new Taco Bell Chili Cheese Nachos BellGrande that would have been otherwise unremarkable has one word that made me completely tune out. See if you can spot it.

Big Brother: It's time to teach you the rules.

Little Brother: Rules?

Big Brother: Shyeah! Always, ALWAYS get chili on your Nachos BellGrande.


Just embarrassing. Must be why they overdubbed it in the longer version of the commercial. But wait, here's the alternate dialogue:


Big Brother: (unnaturally high pitched) Yeah! (then, in a normal voice) One: Real men don't own lap dogs. Two: Never date girls with dragon tattoos. C: And this is the biggie- Always, ALWAYS get chili on your Nachos BellGrande.

If this was a bid for "relevance," F--. If this was a bid for "retro nostalgia" (for both Wayne's World and the doofus older brother in Home Alone, I guess) F---.

4 comments:

Quivering P. Landmass said...

This commercial is offensive to me, because it just so happens that Mrs. Landmass has a massive dragon tattoo on her lower back.

Then again, I never, NEVER get chili on my Nachoes BellGrande.

ME said...

This is one of the worst casting jobs I've ever seen. The guy is way too metro (though I would use a less PC word).

Quivering P. Landmass said...

Here's the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDYHh6gOK6s

You may embed that if you'd like, c12h22o11.

Windier E. Megatons said...

I've edited it in. No "shyeah," but we'll keep looking.